Mosquitoes are a summer pest none of us like. They bite and make life a nightmare when we simply want to spend time outside doing things that we love. A lot of people take proper precautions against the pest during the summer but most people do not put a lot of thought into mosquitoes. They just want them gone. Make a change and learn a few important facts about mosquitoes on this list.
· Only female mosquitoes bite! But there is a very good reason they bite.
· Mosquitoes need human blood to reproduce.
· After mosquitos bite and retrieve blood, they lay their eggs in water.
· A mosquito egg may lay dormant for several years and survive.
· Mosquitoes carry disease they can transmit to humans via a bite. West Nile Virus is one of the many diseases.
· Mosquitoes are really thirsty. It might also shock you to learn that a mosquito can drink three times his body weight in blood. Calm down, greedy one.
· It might be surprising to know but mosquitoes are the world’s most deadly animal. That’s right, mosquitoes kill more people than lions, bears, and tigers, oh my.
· There are over 3,000 species of mosquitoes in the world. If you think there are a lot of mosquitoes, that’s because there are a lot of them!
· Mosquitoes have very short lifespans. In fact, most mosquitoes will not live over two months.
The best way to defend your home and family against mosquitoes is with mosquito exterminators in Sugar Land service. With professional treatment, you can keep mosquitoes and their threats away. Professionals offer several treatment options to suit the needs of every household. Although cost for service varies, it is safe to say it is affordable considering the lasting benefits.Read More »